“Two heads are better than one” – this is an old saying that rings true even today. From multiple people editing a shared document to brainstorming new marketing strategies and beyond, it’s no wonder that collaboration is a key aspect of any organization working towards a common goal. But like any soft skill out there, collaboration skills don’t come instinctively. Looking to support your team’s collaboration skill development in Bangkok? You’ve come to the right place as we’ll divulge 5 tips to have them collaborating like pros in no time!
1. Cultivate Openness And Transparency
Although Thai business culture is known to be fairly hierarchical, injecting a dose of openness and transparency surely can’t hurt. After all, how can you expect your team to collaborate if they feel stifled in the organization? While there’s no need to make every piece of confidential information public, you should aim to share adequate information about your organization’s goals and objectives, as well as important milestones and roadblocks. This ensures that everyone will be on the same page and can work together seamlessly.
2. Foster a Community Working Environment
It can be hard to feel a sense of belonging in mega cities. That’s why collaboration skill development in Bangkok can be as simple as fostering a community working environment. Introduce a daily morning huddle between your team members or take them out for team lunches every now and then. These meetings can be used to discuss each person’s ongoing projects and daily tasks, as well as to establish opportunities for team work. But crucially, these meetings serve as a reminder that each team member is working as part of a collective whole.
3. Create Informal And Fun Spaces in The Office
Ping pong table in the staff break room, anyone? Or what about a coffee and tea station? Even though real estate in Bangkok may be expensive, creating informal and fun spaces in the office can be a great tool for collaboration skill development. As employees socialize in a relaxed setting, they can ask for work-related advice, share insights, and learn from one another. The knowledge gained and comfort level established from these interactions will also make them feel empowered to contribute and collaborate.
4. Head Out of The Office For Some Team Bonding
Speaking of establishing a comfort level between employees, a company trip outside the city is the ultimate team bonding experience. Think: a secluded beach or mountainous location, an itinerary jam-packed with fun, team building activities, and employees all having a great time. They’ll come back to the office closer, refreshed, and ready to work collaboratively together. Who says you can only have collaboration skill development in Bangkok?
5. Enroll Them in a Collaboration Skill Development Course Despite your best efforts to accelerate collaboration, there’s a possibility that this might not happen. Perhaps the team is too diverse and don’t have much in common? Or maybe employees just don’t understand the value of collaboration. Fortunately, there’s an easy fix. Simply enroll them in a course on collaboration skill development in Bangkok, where they will learn about collaboration in theory and in practice.