Marketing strategies to negotiate with the big boys.
Here are some simple tips for sellers who aim high and dealing with large customers. For some of these 10 points can be granted, but I assure you that they are not at all and even today, too often, sellers are improvised, in which the major negotiations, pointing only to the sale of the completely uninterested customers’ needs.
1. Let the deal go ahead. Very few major talks end after one meeting or one phone call. Decide in advance what action you want taken and alternatives to offer to clients to ensure that the negotiations continue.
2. The traditional sales strategies do not work. It’s a big mistake to think of selling to using old marketing strategies such as: wills prefer red or green. Perhaps your sale will end without results. In addition, you risk that if the customer has a bad day you’re rushing out of his office.
3. Few or no questions. The large and small sales often revolve around problems and needs of the buyer. You will need several questions to understand what the customer needs, analyze them and provide appropriate solutions. Prepare in advance the possible question we ask your customer.
4. Put your finger in the wound. Learn as much as possible about the client’s problems trying to find out what the consequences are and have been resolved. To do this, ask questions order to focus attention on time, on production, sales, quality, or gain that is being lost because of the way in which the client is working today.
5. Let your customer to buy and limit yourself to ask questions that include a solution, let me explain to the customer how your product or service can help meet their needs. For example: What are the benefits to your business if you could reduce the cost of this 10%?
6. Do you offer benefits, not features? Be characteristic only when the customer tells you clearly that there are rules to follow or characteristics that the product should have. Remember; let the customer to make the sale.
7. Make sure that the people you talk to become your representatives. The most important sales involve more people, and sales are made at times when “important people” are not present. Through questions we must try to pick who the company is able to influence the choices and what are their needs. These are the individuals to introduce our products (who decides) the ideal solution for the company.
8. Present properly. The correct way to present something is to be told by the customer all its frustrations and needs and then decides how to resolve this situation. If you follow these two steps, is sufficient to show how your product or service solves the problem for a closed almost automatic.
9. Do not close immediately. When we reached the conclusion instead of closing the sale, use three steps: a) Make sure you meet the main needs of the customer. b) Provide a summary of the solutions offered. c) Close the sale or schedule a meeting with someone who has decision-making power.
10. Practice. Sharpen your skills and your new marketing strategies to small clients. Do you practice in negotiations with major customers that are waiting to find your weaknesses and do not want to deal with beginners. When you are ready, confident and certain you can deal with them.